Job brief for Content Writing
We are looking for a Content Writer to join our editorial team and enrich our websites with news posts.
Content Writer’s responsibilities include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types, and proofreading articles before publication. If you’re familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we’d like to meet you. Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
Ultimately, you’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
- Detailed research on Agri and Allied industry-related topics
- Combining online sources, interviews, and case studies
- Prepare well-structured, easy-to-read drafts using CMS
- Rewrite, edit, and proofread the content before it is published
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around content consistency (style, tone, and images)
- Update website content as and when needed
Requirements and skills
- 0 – 1 year of work experience as a Content Writer or similar role
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on research using research tools
- Familiarity with Agri and allied sectors’ web publications
- Hands-on Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines and team player
- BSc/MSc Agri (any stream), English, Journalism, or related field